30 May 2007

Playing the Waiting Game...

With less than two weeks to go, I'm getting a little anxious. Mostly just because I don't want to come to work anymore. It seems a little trivial at this point. I have more important things to do. Like spend lots of time cuddling a new baby girl.

Thanks to lots of help from my MIL and stepmom and husband, the nursery is more-or-less done. A few small things left to do. I'll try, try, try to remember to take some pix and get them posted. It's great! And, officially, is the only room in the house that is fully decorated. Sadly.

My belly is huge and I'm growing out of my maternity clothes. A number of my shirts are not long enough anymore to cover my underbelly. So, I'm a little vulgar.

My last doctor's appointment indicated that she's moving into position (On your mark!) and I'm starting to efface (Get set!). We'll see what the doctor says tomorrow. I've convinced myself that she's going to be early - like the end of the week possibly. Understanding that that may not be the case, I'm trying to refocus my thoughts on the due date. Otherwise next week is going to be very difficult.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

WOW,...since I lost all of my links...I hadn't checked in on you in awhile.....WOW...12 days left!

SO exciting! YAY! Rooting for everything to go quickly (but not too quickly) and smoothly!

cjm said...

I've been anxious for about a week now. I hope she's early or a little late because I'm out of town for the due date... I fully expect you to accommodate my travel schedule. :o) Can't wait to meet her!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

It's a full moon! I bet she comes this week!

I can't wait to meet her - and find out her name!!

StaceyG said...

Those last few weeks are not fun! But how exciting!

Katie Lady said...

WOW, so close!

I completely out-grew most of my maternity shirts, too, but was lucky enough to have a few sweaters I could layer over. Worked for me, being in the cold north at the time and all. But I swore that I'd wear big mu-mu-type sundresses if I was pregnant in the summer, and work would just have to deal with it.

I hope she arrives early for your sanity's sake! I quit working a week earlier than I had originally planned, because it was just too hard and I was over it all. I highly recommend it, if you can do it.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

You're getting close!!!! How you hanging in there?