27 February 2009

A New Leaf

If you hadn't noticed, there's been a small change above. I'm revamping in the hope of taking the blog in a bit of different direction. I've been reviewing my last bunch of posts and, man, am I a huge downer. So my goal is to concentrate more on Ainsley. I mean she's just too cute to pass up and there are some distant family members that definitely deserve to have more updates and more pictures to peruse.

The banner is a work in progress. I'm in the middle of trying to import all of my pictures into Photoshop Elements. I'm finding that there are some organizational techniques that it lacks so it's taking longer than I expected. I just picked a random photo last night and played with it to get the banner above. I think it needs to be a little taller next time. But the colors work surprisingly well with the rest of the page.

The update on all other fronts is that I start a new job on Monday. One that will be infinitely more accepting of my family life. The following statement was actually part of the offer letter:

"We offer flexible work hours and encourage our employees to coordinate a schedule with management that fits their lifestyle and family schedule."

And, as I told my husband the other day, I can actually see myself wanting to move into more of a management position with this company. I never wanted that with the old company because they worked like dogs and got nothing for it.

The last three weeks have proven to be interesting and the Universe appeared to do it's best to take care of us.

And, finally, there is a slight chance that Miss Ainsley has scarlet fever, which is significantly less of an issue than Little House on the Prairie always made it out to be. It's basically strep throat with a rash. We'll know for sure in a couple of days. She's not feeling bad, but she's covered in a rash that makes me uncomfortable to look at.

3 comments:

cjm said...

1. That picture is fantastic!
2. There are people not-so-far away who would like more updates/pictures.
3. Woohoo! for the job that actual seems to take "work/life balance" seriously. You'll have to tell me more about that.
4. Scarlet fever! I hope she gets less rashy soon.

Katie Lady said...

Congrats on the new job! I'm very curious who it's with (and so is my dear hubby).

klm said...

I l.o.v.e the new look and pic. Cannot wait to see more about Ainsley.

And I am so excited that you have found a new job so quickly and is family friendly. It is just simply awesome.