31 August 2006

Extra! Extra!

Been so busy lately, haven't had much time to post. I hate working 10 hour days.

First on bowling: The officers of the league had apparently had an extensive dialog with the USBC (the bowling gods) about our "illegal bowler" situation. They decided that while we had used an illegal substitution, we also had a right to a legal lineup. So they put in my scores as a blind bowler and we still ended up taking 3 of 4 games that nite. In yo' face PBK!

The nite started out a bit discouraging. Our handicap was around 300 pins and our opponent's was about 23 pins. Hmmm. Really, handicaps are nice because they keep things pretty even in the league, but clearly we were not bowling our equals that nite. But I think we did pretty well. By the end of the three game series, our overall scores were only 98 pins behind theirs. Not too bad. So, we ended up in 4th place. I'm happy.

Ooo, ooo! And I made 3rd place on the list of high handicap series for the season with a sweet 673 pins due to my crazy high scores the week before. Yippee!

On to the birthday: the husband was very good to me. He got up super early to make me breakfast (a birthday tradition) , but I was running late so I had to pass. But he did drive me to where my car pool meets. And then picked me up from work a bit early so we could eat here before we went bowling. Delish!

While bowling, Husband snuck up to the counter and had them announce my birthday: the 10th anniversary of my 21st birthday. Heh. As a result, the sponsor for the evening's activities sent over four free tickets to a movie at the Angelika. Woohoo!

And to wrap up the evening (no pun intended) there were lots of boxes and bags to open when I got home. Who cares that some of them were from the Taste of Home Entertaining party and the stuff in them wasn't mine? It was a party!! Overall, an above average day.

Okay, I know your anxious to read my list, cjh, but I've been super busy this week and haven't quite got it finished. Confidentially, I too am ready to finish because I already have a topic for my next list!

3 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Yay on the bowling and the birthday! And I like your pig. He's cute!

Editor in Chief said...

Happy Birthday!

cjm said...

Oh, no. Another list to wait for... See, I haven't even started my thankful list. Maybe I should have but just not posted until after you posted yours. I don't want to cheat. Ok, great. Now I have the pressure to come up with a list immediately but have a ton of work to do today. Oh, the dilemma.