05 May 2009

An Outside Perspective

This morning one of the other mothers from Ainsley’s classroom stopped me to tell me how surprised she is at Ainsley’s vocabulary. Not necessarily the complexity of her words, but her ability to form full sentences. How cool is that? Let me tell you: pretty gosh-darn awesome. I mean, I’m impressed on a daily basis at how much she understands. And sometimes the things she says catch me totally off-guard because she really gets it. But we don’t have any basis of comparison. She is our first child and none of our friends have kids, really, so we don’t know what to think. It’s amazing to hear that from another mom.

And she sings. A lot. And well. The girl can carry a tune. Her repertoire includes the many variations of Brother John/Where is Thumbkin, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, the ABC song (and she gets quite a few of the letters right), parts of the Wonder Pets theme song, and more that I can’t think of right now.

I'm sure there will be a day when her chattiness will get her into trouble at school, but for now I can't stop smiling about it.

So. Much. Fun!

5 comments:

Nonni said...

And don't forget the dancing! The girl has tons of rhythm and is unbelievably graceful! And I'm not biased- not at all... ;-)

Nonni said...

Oh, and she also sings "Rain, Rain Go Away" (something we tried to discourage while we were in the middle of a severe drought) and "Itsy Bitsy Spider!" She's endlessly entertaining! I'm sooo ga-ga over this child! Bet you couldn't tell.

cjm said...

Well, of course she's a genius...

victoria winters said...

ha! I've got a chatty cathy too. Just wanted to tell you that the weaning from pacifier process was soooooo much easier than I expected. We were all prepared (with ear plugs in hand) to have a horrible 3-4 days. Other than her first nap with Huz when she cried for 30 minutes, she has been golden. She obviously didn't need it anymore!

StaceyG said...

I swear these kids are coming out smarter today. Some of the things they say are so beyond their years...